Camp 20 carries out the Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer on behalf of The Corporation of the Seven Wardens Inc. / Société des Sept Gardiens inc.
Camp 20 was inaugurated on November 9, 1973, and held its first ceremony on May 17, 1974.
Neither the Corporation nor its Camps is connected with any university or engineering organization. Development of the Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer dates back to 1922, and was led by seven past presidents of the Engineering Institute of Canada. These seven past presidents became the original seven Wardens of the Corporation.
The Corporation is responsible for administering and maintaining the Ritual, which is carried out by Camps established by the Corporation in various locations in Canada. The Ritual is a uniquely Canadian tradition.
Participation in the Ritual is voluntary, and wearing an Iron Ring is not a symbol of engineering qualification. The qualification and licensing of professional engineers in Canada is the prerogative of each of the provincial/territorial professional engineering associations.
Further information regarding the Ritual and contact information for other Camps is available at the Corporation's web site at www.ironring.ca