Camp 20 was established in November 1973 and the first Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer was held in April 1974.  Camp 20 has held ceremonies annually since then for graduates of Memorial University's undergraduate engineering program and other eligible candidates.

Prior to the establishment of Camp 20, Camp 7 from Halifax, Nova Scotia held ceremonies in 1955 in St. John's and Corner Brook as well as in St. John's in 1966.